06/08/2016

Trusting in the Dark Moments

There are dark times when we can't feel God's presence and it seems like God is not there. Do you ever feel like this?
One of the times my baby was admitted to hospital, the first night I felt really unsettled and anxious. It didn't feel like God was there with me. I didn't feel peace in spite of praying and reading the Bible. But I realized that my baby also couldn't see me from her cot. She couldn't see that I was sleeping right next to her. But I was there. And I had to trust that God was right there with me in spite of not feeling it. The next day those anxious feelings were gone in spite of still being in the same situation and I was ok again.

Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him:
  On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him
 
But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
Job 23:8-10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment