02/07/2015

Some Encouraging Verses


I have felt a bit worn out this week. My husband has had to work very long hours, and my children have been waking up very early! One day was especially busy and I was absolutely exhausted by the end of it. After a good nights sleep I woke up feeling just as exhausted. I wondered how on earth I was going to get through the day. Looking after 3 little children, being pregnant and keeping my home in order takes a lot of energy! I was afraid I was not going to be able to cope.
At the breakfast table I read Psalm chapter 34. It so cheered me up and gave me confidence that God would help me. And He definitely did! I am sharing the verses in the chapter that were really encouraging to me. I hope they're an encouragement to you too. God is so good and always willing to help!

Psalm 34:1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
17 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment